Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Camera Case

I have intended to make a case for my camera since I got it for Christmas in 2008, but with the constant diversion of school and other project I've somehow managed to slide by without one. But now is the time!

I have my heart set on designing a ruffled (or at least pleated) case, lined with a layer of soft foam core to protect the camera from the inevitable bumps and bruises of photo-worthy life. I searched Etsy for inspiration, and though "Pleated Camera Case" returned unsatisfactory results, I was pleased with many listed as "Pleated Clutch":



Snow White Chiffon Ruffles Clutch by Davie and Chiyo
&
Customize Your Lipstick Clutch, also by Davie and Chiyo
http://www.etsy.com/shop/DavieandChiyo

I think these both very elegant and lively, the first for its thick, playful ruffles and the second for the bright celery color accent. Looking at them made me realize, however, that I much prefer a zipper closure to the type of metal frame featured here. I think zippers generally more casual and young and easier to open. Also, my case cannot be without a wrist strap, or I will never be able to keep track of it!

The Mini Blossom by Infusion
http://www.etsy.com/shop/infusion

I love the shape of this bag (though I don't suppose it practical for a camera case) and can never help but admire attention to the environment. Its roominess is my only issue, but if I intended to store my cameras wires and charger in there as well, such a case could be useful.


Springtime Green Leaves Print Pleated Clutch by SwingStationStudio
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SwingStationStudio

This clutch is probably closest to what I need, being so squarish, though I'm not fond of the horizontal bands. The keyring is a useful touch I might consider.

And now I have too many ideas! But I promise to post as soon as the project is carried out.

No comments:

Post a Comment